If you are fond of pastries, Delices and Gourmandises’ fruity tartlets are must-eat. You won’t resist them! All you have to do is order. But from time to time, it can also be good to share some homemade treats your family and friends, so here’s the secrets of ultimate fruity tartlets combining crisp buttery pastry, tart fruit and sweet pastry cream.
The quick and easy-to-make recipe of Delices and Gourmandises
To prepare fruity tartlets just like those offered by Delices and Gourmandises, choose fresh and quality ingredients. You will need:
For the pastry:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
For the filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
Fresh Strawberry, lemon and raspberry
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, for garnish
For the pastry:
- Stir the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter straight from the fridge into the flour and rub in the mixture.
- Add the sugar, mix together the eggs and egg yolk. Gently mix with a spatula until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Lightly flour a work surface, knead the pastry until you have a smooth soft dough.
- Roll out the pastry 2-3mm thick and line the 12 tins, leaving an overhang of pastry.
- In preheated oven (350 degrees F), bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
For the filling and topping:
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Spoon the cream and pipe into the cooled pastry.
- Top the tartlets with the fruits.
For the glaze:
- Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick.
- Let cool. With a pastry brush, glaze the tartlets.
- Store tartlets in the refrigerator. Remove about 15 minutes before serving.
Tips for tasting these exquisite fruity tartlets of Delices and Gourmandises
These exquisite fruity tartlets can be served up at any time of the day, accompanied by a stirring cup of coffee, tea or juice for sunny days.