The small croissants that Delices and Gourmandises sells are soft and golden browned. They are made from quality products that ensure their exquisite flavor. Prepared following traditional method, they have a delicious taste of butter and are perfectly puffed. They are ideal with a bowl of milk for breakfast. For gourmands who want to prepare this at home, here is the recipe.
The ingredients for successful small croissants of Delices and Gourmandises
Here are the essential ingredients to make delicious croissant. Then, according to everyone tastes, it is possible to enhance this recipe with some cinnamon for example, or other spices or slivered almonds.
For twenty croissants:
- 500 g four
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g sugar
- 15 g fresh east
- 10 g salt
- 200 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
Delices and Gourmandises : how to prepare these small croissants?
This recipe may seem a bit complicated and requires patience. The first step is making the puff pastry.
- Dissolve the yeast and the sugar in 150 ml of warm milk
- Add 125 g of flour and mix well
- Cover with a damp cloth and let stand for 30 minutes
- Add the rest of the milk, flour, sugar and salt
- Knead until getting a smooth dough and let stand for 15 minutes
- Spread the cold butter into a square
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and place the butter over
- Fold the edges by enclosing the butter (note that the edges are joined)
- Using a rolling pin, stretch the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch
- Fold the dough in 3 and then refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Repeat the process twice
We can now proceed to the second step which is making the croissants:
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 4 mm thick
- Cut triangles with a base of 10 cm
- Make a small 1 cm incision in the middle of the base
- Wrap the croissant from the base ending with the tip
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet that you have previously lined with parchment paper
- Let them stand and rise in a warm place for an hour
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C (th.7)
- Brown the croissants with some beaten egg yolk and little milk
- Put in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes
Serving suggestions by Delices and Gourmandises
You can enjoy these little croissants without moderation for breakfast, accompanied by a bowl of milk, hot chocolate, coffee or tea. The connoisseurs of Delices and Gourmandises will find tricks to enhance their taste, thrusting them with honey, strawberry jam, raspberries, chestnuts or cocoa cream or butter peanuts.